Organic Cucurbit Growing Community is a dynamic community of growers, educators, and researchers who are seeking better ways to grow cucurbit crops organically. Sharing information is the fastest way to discover new techniques to improve marketable yield and the bottom line. One way to do it is by building partnerships and support conversations through various channels. Social media tools such as Facebook, Twitter, and Youtube are used to share news, current advancements and development, and foster and support a community of organic cucurbit growers, educators and researchers.
Get Started on Social MediaLike Organic Cucurbit Growing Facebook Community Page
Facebook is a social networking site that lets you connect with friends, co-workers, and others with similar interests/expertise or professions. Many professionals use Facebook to connect with others with similar interests by joining groups or pages, and sharing information with the rest of the community.
How to sign-up?
- Go to https://www.facebook.com/ and click on the "Sign Up" button to be taken to a form to register.
- Type in your name, email address and birthday.
- Choose a password. Enter in a unique password that is easy to remember. Facebook requires creation of a password of at least six characters
- Click on the "Sign Up" button at the bottom of the page.
- Search for “Organic Cucurbit Growing Community” and participate by browsing others’ profiles, creating your own profile, sharing advices, pictures, videos and resources.
Twitter is a social networking tool that provides a quick way to say what you are working or doing in the moment. With twitter, you can extend the information to the rest of the world with 140 characters or less. Twitter is an easy-to-use and powerful tool that allows for rapid updates, sharing, and response among individuals and organizations who have similar interests.
How to follow?
- Go to the Twitter signup page by clicking this link: https://twitter.com/signup
- Type in your name, username, password and email address. Need help with a username? It can not have spaces, so many people just use their real name without the spaces. For example, MarkGleason. You could also use the first part of your email address before the @ symbol.
- Click on the “Create My Account” button. Now you are in. The next step is to follow organiccucurbit.
- On the search box type “organiccucurbit.” Click "Follow" and you are able to access to all the tweets sent out so far. You will have immediate access to the information sent out on organic cucurbit growing.
YouTube is a video sharing and online communication tool. It allows for registered users to upload and share the videos for viewing by the public. YouTube provides easy-to-access and a flexible platform for video sharing and continuing conversation online. A channel for the Organic Cucurbit Growers community was created to share the videos related to cucurbit growing, research and other practical topics.
How to subscribe?
- Go to http://www.youtube.com/ and click on the "Sign In" button to be taken to a form to register.
- Type in your name, Google username and birthday.
- Choose a password. Enter a unique password that is easy to remember.
- Click on the "Sign In" button at the bottom of the page.
- On the search box type “organiccucurbit.” Click "Subscribe" and you can share the videos with your peers via email, Facebook or Twitter and even include then into your own website. When you click “Subscribe” you are notified of new videos posted on this channel.